Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stud by Cheryl Brooks (Book Review)

Title: Stud
Author: Cheryl Brooks
Cat Star Chronicles #8Publisher: Sourcebooks Cassablanca
Release Date: February 1, 2012
Pages: 416
Rating: Totally Steaming (4/4)


-Note: This was one of my very first reviews when I started blogging, so it's not that good. But, I wanted to share it with you because I really loved this book!!


THEY'RE GALAXIES APART...
Even for a Zetithian, Tarq Zulveidinoe's sexual prowess is legendary. Believing it's all he's good for, Tarq sets out to perpetuate his threatened species by offering his services to women across the galaxy... BUT ONE FORCE CAN BRING THEM TOGETHER... Lucinda Force is the sensitive dark horse in a self-absorbed family, repeatedly told that no man will ever want such a plain woman. Lucy longs for romance, but is resigned to her loveless lot in life-until Tarq walks through the door of her father's restaurant on Talus Five...

My Review:I had originally started reading another book when I picked up Stud. After I started this book, I knew that I wouldn't be able to read anything else until I had finished this book!

It started out with Tarq sitting in a restaurant and and smelling Lucy's scent. From that instant I knew I was in for a good book. There was an instant attraction between Lucy and Tarq. When she asked him what he would like to eat he said "A full order of you." It turns out that Tarq can't read, and he thinks that he is only good for being paid to have sex with other women and getting them pregnant. Tarq has never viewed himself as smart, he always thought of himself as dumb. Tarq escaped from his home place when an asteroid was about to hit his planet. His family along with a lot of other Zetithians died, and there was a shortage in their species. Because of this Tarq decided to go into business of sleeping with women and impregnating them in order to bring back his species.

When he meets Lucy he instantly wants her. Her scent drives him crazy! Lucy is a hard worker, who has been taken for granted all of her life by her family. She works at her father's restaurant and gets paid nothing but lowly tips. I love Lucy's character she is hard working, kind, caring, and she makes the best out of every situation. Lucy has always viewed herself as not being pretty. She thinks that she will never have anyone to spend the rest of her life with until Tarq shows up in her father's restaurant and asks her to call him. Tarq has never asked someone to call him let alone not charge them for his services. Tarq end up sneaking into her father's house and they end up sleeping together. Lucy has never had sex before so this was all very overwhelming to her. She finally ends up getting pregnant and decides to run away from home to Natasha's house.

Lucy thinks she will never be able to hang on to someone like Tarq, after all he is gorgeous and rich stud. Tarq and Lucy both have many insecurities and they complement each other so well! She is weak were he is strong, and he is strong where she is weak. They try to say good-bye to each other many times during this story but always wind up back together. When they end up having to travel through the forest to get to the other side of the mountain they run into Natasha (Lucy's best friend) and her husband. All of the non-human species have been run out of their homes. Lucy and Tarq both keep their feelings to themselves when they really both love each other. When they arrive to the cave Tarq announces that Lucy is "his" mate because he senses that Vertigo is interested in Lucy. Vertigo comes from a species where women can have two mates. Tarq doesn't like it very well, but in the back of his mind he thinks that Vertigo is better suited for Lucy than he is.

They end up staying in a cave for a while and then decide to follow Tarq through the forest because he knows the way. He had a vision of the way to get out. Through this wild ride Lucy and Tarq realize that they both love each other and can't live without each other. At the end Lucy rejects Vertigo's offer to be her second mate. Then Tarq and Lucy reveal their feelings to each other FINALLY.

This whole story had me burning to get to the end. I waned to literally make them tell each other how one another felt! I loved this story, it kept me on the edge of my seat. There are a lot of hot sex scenes! Make sure you are ready to feel hot and bothered because when you read this book you will be. I love the characters! Lucy and Tarq were absolutely made for each other. It was a definite pleasure to read this story and I look forward to reading the rest of this series.

ARC provided by NetGalley

2 comments:

  1. I love it! It was not that bad BTW. It reminds me of the movie Species. lol.
    I think I would def dig this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice review, especially about the characters.

    ReplyDelete