Saturday, April 21, 2012

Revenge by Dana Delamar (Review)


Revenge
Blood and Honor #1Dana Delamar
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: January 1, 2012
Pages: 302
Buy Here:
Amazon/Barnes & Noble

Kate Andretti is married to the Mob—but doesn’t know it. When her husband uproots them to Italy, Kate leaves everything she knows behind. Alone in a foreign land, she finds herself locked in a battle for her life against a husband and a family who will “silence” her if she will not do as they wish. When her husband tries to kill her, she accepts the protection offered by a wealthy businessman with Mafia ties. He’s not a mobster, he claims. Or is he?

Enrico Lucchesi never wanted to be a Mafia don, and now he’s caught in the middle of a blood feud with the Andretti family. His decision to help Kate brings the feud between the families to a boil. Attacks from without and within push them both to the breaking point, and soon Enrico is forced to choose between protecting the only world he knows and saving the woman he loves.

My Review:
Here is to a WHOOPING 5 Stars. If I had to describe this book in about 4 words it would be action-packed, sexy, romantic, and adrenaline rushing. I had someone point out that this reminded them of a movie and after reading this I can now say this would make a kick butt movie! There were times when I was fanning myself, sitting on the edge of my seat, and so mad I had to put it down. The steamy scenes were oh so delicious!

This book is all about Enrico Luccshesi, doesn't that name just sound sexy? He is the head of the Lucchesi Mob, and there are many different mob groups. Well, there is a bloody war going on between the Andretti's and the Lucchesi's that stemmed from when Enrico was way younger. I will not tell you the problems that there were because you definitely want to discover them for yourself. Then you throw Kate into the mix, she is a kick butt, independent, strong woman... and she doesn't take crap from no one. Not even Carlo Andretti's (head of the Andretti Mob) nephew Vince. When Vince hits Kate, she knew she had to get away and that's when Enrico and Kate wind up crossing paths!

Now for my feelings on this book. I was a little confused with the vocabulary, about who was who, and who was related to whom? But, let me tell you if you read the vocabulary list in the front of the book it will all start to make sense and then you will be in for the ride of your life. Thank you so so much Dana for asking me to review this! This exceeded my expectations, Revenge was absolutely fabulous. I have never read a book like this before so I didn't know if I would like it BUT I DID, I SO DID! And knowing this is only the 1st book??? WHAT NOW? The ending really killed me, what a cliffhanger. I would have never expected that and now will have to be tortured waiting on Book 2.

I would recommend this to anyone who is a lover of romance, steamy love scenes (AND I'M TALKING JALAPENO HOT!), and action! This is an awesome book and I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this series. Be on the lookout for Dana guys, I know I will. And isn't this cover just so awesome? It definitely captures the story!
View all my reviews



Absolutely Steaming

Find Dana Here:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment