Sunday, June 17, 2012

Try Me by Diane Alberts (Review)

trymeTitle: Try Me
Take A Chance #1
Author:
Diane Alberts
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: May 24, 2012
Pages: 105
Buy Here:
Amazon|Barnes & Noble
My rating: 4 Hearts


It took one wild night for Sergeant Jeremy Addison to realize that Vegas? Was a bad idea.

Bloody. Bruised. Dehydrated. Abandoned in the desert, and left to stagger down the road. The only way this leave could get worse was if his savior was his ex-best friend’s sister…and the girl he’d loved since childhood.

The last person Erica expected to find on the roadside was her high school crush. She hadn’t seen Jeremy in seven years—ever since the night he said he loved her, and she ran away. Losing him then had been a mistake, but wanting him now could be catastrophic if he discovered the secret that chased every other man from her life. But with a tall, tattooed Marine determined to prove he’s always been faithful, can Erica resist his advances…or will she surrender ground and give love a try?

review
Try me was read in an hour! It was SUCH a short book, but OH SO fulfilling in EVERY way! The cover is amazing which is what drew me to wanting to give it a try and then then book told me a story that I wanted more of!

Even though this book was short I felt as if I had read a FULL LENGTH novel because it was so greatly developed and I loved that! It didn't feel rushed... and Alberts knew what she was doing!

Jeremy was delicious! He is a Marine who had a bad childhood and found someone who didn't treat him bad just because of what he appeared to be, those people were his best friend Tommy and Tommy's little sister Erica. All turned sour when Tommy's fiancé accused Jeremy of sleeping with her... which he didn't. After that Jeremy took off and became a Marine but not before declaring his love to Erica.

Years later Jeremy is grown up... and getting into fights which lands him in the desert in Vegas were Erica finds him looking like crap! There in that moment I knew that they wouldn't be able to escape each other again! Their connection was so sweet, and real. No matter what they said the other could see right through it. This book is something that you should read! NOW! It's only 105 pages but doesn't feel like it. Diane has an amazing way with words and I can't wait to read more of her work!

Find Diane Here:
Website|Facebook|Twitter|Goodreads

4STARS

Absolutely Steaming!!!

signature

8 comments:

  1. Great review. I have been seeing this book pop up a lot lately. Glad to hear it's worth the read.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Vain's Paranormal FantasyJune 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

    Enjoyed your review Kayla!! I need to read this.;) I think I own this though already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie. Love your review. You make me want to read it now. I think I will be getting this very soon. Hope you are having a nice Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I sure have missed seeing you around... or I've missed being around rather lol! Thanks so much for reading my review :D I hope you have a wonderful Monday too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Miss Vain! Thank you :D I am glad you enjoyed it... I think you would enjoy this book better than my review though LOL! It was really good :D Not as steamy as I usually read but still GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its me Wickedly Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! Absolutely agree with you! I really enjoyed it, and didn't want it to end. I look forward to more stories as well. Must say the cover was hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a sexy book and i'm glad it's short :D i like short books lately

    ReplyDelete