Tuesday, April 4, 2017

ARC Review: Fighting Attraction

I am absolutely in love with Sarah Castille's Redemption series. She's actually my new favorite MMA romance author. Check out my thoughts below on her newest release.

Title: Fighting Attraction
Series: Redemption, #4
Author: Sarah Castille
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: April 4, 2017
Pages: 368
Buy Links: Amazon (Print) | Amazon (Kindle) | BN (Print) | BN (Nook) | Books-A-Million | IndieBound | iBooks Google Play

Blurb:

My sweet, sexy Penny has a dark side. Just like me.
I will have her. And then I will lose her, and suffer a lifetime of regret.
Rampage. Everyone loves him. He is Redemption's top heavyweight fighter and the biggest gossip in the gym. But he isn't the teddy bear everyone thinks he is. He's hiding a dark secret-and he hates himself for it.
Twice a week, Rampage transforms into Master Jack, a notorious dom only the most hard-core submissives will play with. How can he-a Southern gentleman, bred to respect and protect women-want to dominate them?
But Penny Worthington wants him. Beneath her pearls, kitten heels, and prim British exterior beats a tortured heart...Master Jack is the only one who can set her free.

Such a painfully amazing read!!!

Don't you just love it when you can relate to the characters of a book? Or maybe you want to be that character in real life? These were the kinds of feelings that I had when reading Sarah's new release. I couldn't put it down! It was one of my absolute favorite reads of 2017. 

Penny was British - love her already! She was prim and proper, but she hid a dark secret. She had a certain kind of release that she sought and she only got it from one source, until Rampage came along. 

It had been a while since I read the last Redemption book, so I couldn't remember Rampage all that well. However, I think I liked not remembering him from previous books because I was able to look at him with fresh eyes. He was all kinds of intense! He was friends with everybody and was loved by everybody. And then he had a "dark" secret that he was ashamed of? Oh my, give him to me!

Penny and Jack's inner struggles were like a push and pull situation. Someone would push the other, usually Jack, and then Penny would pull away and retreat to her comfortable source of release.

I'd read a lot of intense novels before, but somehow, this was intense in a different kind of way because I wanted to have what they had. I wanted to be Penny. I wanted to meet my Jack. It gave me all the feels, basically.

One sure way to check if I liked a book was to see how many scenes I'd highlighted. I pretty much highlighted half of this book! I loved so many scenes, I couldn't choose just one to share here!

Of course, there was the camaraderie among the Redemption fighters. I just loved it all!

Blade Saw: "Maybe they'd (Cora and Penny) be interested in a threesome."
Rampage: Don't hit him. Don't hit him. Don't hit him. *hits Blade Saw*
Blade Saw: "What the fuck?"
Rampage: "Slipped."
Blade Saw: "You think I don't know you, but I do. What's the worst that can happen? You ask her out and she says no. You move on. Look at me. I fell for Sandy. Got dumped. Got back together with her. Got dumped. Fell for Jess. Got dumped. Not much of my heart left, but I'm still standing and taking shit from you."

Now I definitely can't wait for Blade Saw's book!

Ok, here's one more just for giggles.

Ray (Predator): "Who did you go out with and not tell me about?"
Penny: "If I didn't tell you, I might have a reason."
Ray: "Why? Did someone hurt you? Someone hurts you, and I'll rip off his balls and stuff them down his throat."

Get this book, and get all the Redemption books! You wouldn't regret it!

Check out my review of the other books below.
Book 2 - In Your Corner
Book 3 - Full Contact


1 comment: