Friday, July 15, 2016

Review: Love Redeemed

I'm plowing through the Market Series, so here's my review of book #2 :)

Title: Love Redeemed
Series: The Market, #2
Author: Sorcha Mowbray
Publisher: Amour Press
Release Date: May 24, 2016
Pages: 94
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | ARe | iBooks | Kobo

Blurb:

Brennan Whitling wants for nothing but the love of a good woman. He has a close family, good friends, and a successful textiles import business. But, a beautiful and elusive young woman he has only seen from afar haunts him. Until a chance meeting leads to far more than dinner. 

Serena Freemont has only ever known the life of a prostitute. When an invitation to dinner by a handsome gentleman provides her an opportunity to experience life as a young lady, it’s too tempting to pass up. Much like the man issuing it. After a night of passion she must disappear or face his reaction when the truth is revealed. 

To find happiness Serena must shed her past long enough to realize she is worthy of a future. To win her heart, Brennan must show her the redemptive power of love.



This book had dash of romance and a healthy sprinkle of sexy.

The attraction between Brennan and Serena were instantaneous. The push and pull of the two characters were quite interesting to read. I liked Serena's righteousness despite her livelihood as well as Brennan's persistence. The man really did not want to give up no matter what!

There were moments when the characters would say something silly and those were the moments I really enjoyed! It showed a bit of depth to the characters instead of just being so focused on the sex or the courting. 

Brennan: "You, madame, are only permitted to wear this dress for me, here in our home. Are we clear?"
Serena: "Quite."
Brennan: "I have other demands I shall enumerate for you at our earliest convenience, but for the moment I think I shall investigate this gown further."

I also liked the possessiveness that overtook Serena sometime during the story. I do love a fierce woman, and she was feisty when she was angry! Overall, this was an enjoyable short read. Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment