Tuesday, July 5, 2016

ARC Review: Bound Beneath His Pain

It's been a while since I read Stacey Kennedy's books, so I was only too excited to request a new book from Netgalley. This is the first book of a new series. Check out my review below!

Title: Bound Beneath His Pain
Series: Dirty Little Secrets, #1
Author: Stacey Kennedy
Publisher: Loveswept
Release Date: July 5, 2016
Buy Link: Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo |
Books-A-Million | Google Play

Blurb:

Real estate mogul Micah Holt exerts absolute control over all aspects of his life. As a founding member of the Dominants Council that oversees San Francisco’s sex club scene, he keeps his dark side hidden away from the press, who will chase down any hint of scandal. He’s always in command of his world, careful to expose his closely guarded secrets only to those he knows he can trust. Then Allie Bennett shakes his legendary discipline. She’s beautiful, pure, untainted. But is Micah willing to sacrifice her innocence for his own selfish obsessions?
 
When that sexy smile makes her body burn, Allie tries with all her might to ignore it. For one thing, Micah’s her new boss. For another, he’s as complicated as he is devastatingly handsome. Still, Allie can only fight so much before she gives in to his dangerous games. She knows he’s got dark secrets. But when she discovers the true depth of his pain, Allie must decide how far she’s willing to go to light the way for love.



This book reminds me of the reason why I love Stacey Kennedy. She's so good, it's almost unreal. It's always why I recommend her books to anyone that wants to read BDSM stories. Regardless if you want mild, medium, or hot BDSM, she's got it all.

I love the depth of this story, especially the character development. Both the characters Micah and Allie were strong in their own regard, but I loved it even more when Micah was rendered powerless when it came to Allie. Essentially, they both had power over each other, but that didn't mean they knew it.

"I've never seen him like I saw him tonight. He's broken. And Micah never breaks." --Gabe

Another thing I enjoyed about this book is the pure heart of the two characters. Micah was a powerful, rich mogul, but he had a great, big heart. I was pleased that he worked his hardest to become a better businessman than his father. He honored his mother that way. How amazing!

In a suit, Micah wows me. A little disheveled, he blows my friggin' mind. --Allie

Allie, on the other hand, didn't care much for money and I also admired her for that. There's nothing more disappointing than a gold digger or a person that revolves around money. Allie was a great role model, I thought. 

"I bet I could remove your frustration faster than any punching bag." --Micah

Together, they were explosive. I also enjoyed the supporting characters because it was clear that without them, Micah and Allie wouldn't be where they were then. Levi and Liv (oh, I didn't even realize their names were so similar) were kickass in their own way. 

I would highly recommend this book. It was hot, it was sexy, it was gold. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment