Saturday, July 9, 2016

Review: Love Revealed

Who doesn't love a good love story that starts in a brothel? :)

Title: Love Revealed
Series: The Market, #1
Author: Sorcha Mowbray
Publisher: Amour Press
Release Date: April 19, 2016
Pages: 80
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | ARe | iBooks | Kobo

Blurb:

Lady Katherine Drummond plays by society’s rules, even after the Ton turns on her. Shunned by her peers, she keeps up appearances by day but allows her true self out in the privacy of The Market. There, in the arms of one man, she comes alive. So much so, she signs a contract to be his for six months. Despite never having seen his face and knowing him only as Sir, she fears losing her heart to the man who breaks through her defenses. 

Lord Raymond Tarkenton, the Earl of Heathington, despises being one of the most sought after bachelors of the Ton. He could never ask a woman of his circle to submit to his sexual needs, and a mistress would never be an option. For now, one masked woman at The Market holds his undivided attention. When he realizes that his masked lover and Lady Katherine Drummond are one and the same, he must find a way to convince her that they are bound together by more than the straps at her wrists and the contract they signed. He must reveal himself and his love to her. But will she accept him for more than a sexual escape?


I haven't read a historical romance in quite a while, but when Sorcha Mowbray approached me and asked me if I wanted to review the Market series books, I jumped at the chance. Let's be honest, her stories really do scorch the sheets one page at a time.

I like that this story started as the Earl simply being nice and polite to Lady Drummond. That in itself told me that he was a good man who wouldn't let anyone feel out of place in a gathering. 

Lady Drummond had rumors spread about her simply because she was associated with her husband. What a terrible life women must have lived in those times!

Thankfully, there was the Market, where people could hide behind a mask and let loose their innermost sexual desires. When I tell you that the scenes were hot, they really were. It was like a light BDSM story. It was kind of sweet and really sexy. The Earl was a very attentive lover.

"Oh," she said, surprise written all over her face. "I believed I was dreaming." She smiled and settled back on to the bed. "Hhhmmm, I think you were. I was being helpful."

I'd totally recommend this book if you want a quick read to satisfy the little naughty side of you ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment