Friday, July 10, 2015

Review: Hard to Let Go

Title: Hard to Let Go
Series: Hard Ink, #4
Author: Laura Kaye
Publisher: Avon
Release Date: June 30, 2015
Pages: 384
Buy Link: Amazon

Blurb:

Five dishonored soldiers.
Former Special Forces.
One last mission.
These are the men of Hard Ink.

Beckett Murda hates to dwell on the past. But his investigation into the ambush that killed half his Special Forces team and ended his Army career gives him little choice. Just when his team learns how powerful their enemies are, hard-ass Beckett encounters his biggest complication yet--a seductive, feisty Katherine Rixey.

A tough, stubborn prosecutor, Kat visits her brothers' Hard Ink Tattoo shop following a bad break-up--and finds herself staring down the barrel of a stranger's gun. Beckett is hard-bodied and sexy as hell, but he's also the most infuriating man ever. Worse, Kat's brothers are at war with the criminals her office is investigating. When Kat joins the fight, she lands straight in Beckett's sights . . . and in his arms. Not to mention their enemies' crosshairs. 

Now Beckett and Kat must set aside their differences to work together, because the only thing sweeter than justice is finding love and never letting go.


Humorous, touching, and all-around amazing! Hard to Let Go is the last and best book of the series!

I have waited for this book and when it was time for me to read it, I could not put it down. I devoured this book like a child would devour a cake. Roller coaster emotions provided for such an amazing book.

Beckett had scars that went beyond the physical. He was hard and tough, except around Kat. The two met when Beckett trained a gun to Kat in one of the previous books. My favorite nickname for Beckett was Trigger.

What I enjoyed even more was the Chapter 3 surprise. Beckett and Kat didn't mess around. I supposed it was because they met under different circumstances than the other couples in this series. There was no room to build up an attraction because they already lived under the same roof. The chemistry exploded instantly as a result. Oh yeah :)
I loved the way Beckett's character was written. One of his favorite phrase was "for fuck's sake." I thought it was funny whenever he thought of it. I also was able to clearly visualize his mannerisms such as when he would rub his chest because there were foreign emotions that plagued him, especially towards the second half of the book.

The roller coaster took a nose dive during a funeral. I was literally crying with the characters when all hell broke loose. The bond of all the characters was something I wished to have one day as well.

Overall, if you want something very relatable and would keep you at the edge of your seat, this book was written just for you. You wouldn't want to put it down! I've not read such a riveting story lately until I've read this one.

I saw the meme below on Facebook, and never had it been so true for me, until now.


Please do yourself a favor and read this entire series. Check out my reviews of the other books below.


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment