Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Review: Hard to be Good

Title: Hard to be Good
Series: Hard Ink, 3.5
Author: laura Kaye
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Release Date: April 14, 2015
Pages: 99
Buy Link: Amazon

I was provided an ARC. All opinions are my own.

Blurb:

Hard Ink Tattoo owner Jeremy Rixey has taken on his brother's stateside fight against the forces that nearly killed Nick and his Special Forces team a year before. Now, Jeremy's whole world has been turned upside down--not the least of which by a brilliant, quiet blond man who tempts Jeremy to settle down for the first time ever.

Recent kidnapping victim Charlie Merritt has always been better with computers than people, so when he's drawn into the SF team's investigation of his army colonel father's corruption, he's surprised to find acceptance and friendship--especially since his father never accepted who Charlie was. Even more surprising is the heated tension Charlie feels with sexy, tattooed Jeremy, Charlie's opposite in almost every way.


With tragedy and chaos all around them, temptation flashes hot, and Jeremy and Charlie can't help but wonder why they're trying so hard to be good...




This was my first M/M novel. Honestly, I only read it because Laura Kaye wrote it. Boy, was I glad I did! It was so cute and so heartwarming!

Jeremy was the kind of guy that I would totally have a crush on. He was such an open book and also very positive and humorous. He chased after what he wanted and he gave without expecting anything in return. In short, he had a big heart.

Charlie was the guy that was kidnapped and tortured. He was a computer genius, but his father didn't accept his homosexuality. Unlike Jeremy, Charlie was very shy and unsure of himself. Jeremy was a good influence on him, though.

I would be honest and say that it was weird reading about two men getting it on. However, since this was a book, and a well-written one at that, all I saw was love and I was all for love. It was so romantic and I really felt for the characters when they had a little conflict. Ooh, I just wanted to hug them both!

I urge you to have an open mind and read this book. I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. 



Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment