Title: Dancing Naked In Dixie
Author: Lauren Clark
Publisher: Monterey Press
Release Date: May 21, 2012
Buy Here: Amazon|Barnes & Noble
Travel writer Julia Sullivan lives life in fast-forward. She jet sets to Europe and the Caribbean with barely a moment to blink or sleep. But too many mishaps and missed deadlines have Julia on the verge of being fired.
With a stern warning, and unemployment looming, she's offered one last chance to rescue her career. Julia embarks on an unlikely journey to the ‘Heart of Dixie’—Eufaula, Alabama—home to magnificent mansions, sweet tea, and the annual Pilgrimage.
Julia arrives, soon charmed by the lovely city and her handsome host, but her stay is marred by a shocking discovery. Can Julia's story save her career, Eufaula, and the annual Pilgrimage?
-Today we welcome Lauren Clark, author of Dancing Naked In Dixie to chat with us a bit about catching yourself a Southern man!
If you love reading about the Deep South and adore the sweet accents of those charming Southern gentlemen, what exactly would you need to know if you'd like to strike up a conversation, keep him interested, and land yourself a date?
For Julia Sullivan's love interest, Shug Jordan, in Dancing Naked in Dixie, it was all about family, preserving his hometown's historical landmarks, and celebrating the annual Eufaula Pilgrimage.
For anyone who's set her sites on 'catching' her own Southern gentleman, here are the Top Ten Must-Know Topics:
1. Cheerin' - Find out his favorite SEC Football team, that team's biggest rivals, the mascot, and the record from the last ten or twenty seasons.
2. Huntin' - Does he hunt? Deer? Turkey? Does he bow hunt or take his dog? Does he expect you to cook any of it?
3. Fishin' - Saltwater? Fresh water? What's his favorite catch? Bait?
4. Cookin' & Bakin' - The way to any Southern Man's heart is through his stomach! Be sure to get his mama's recipe for fried chicken, banana puddin', and chicken salad. He'll love it!
5. Golfin' - Many southern men love to get in 18 holes before noon on a Saturday. Read up on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and research his favorite places to tee off.
6. Church Goin' - Often takes place Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening. Wear comfortable shoes!
7. Socializin' - Learn his favorite phrases, which likely include y'all, holler, fixin, ma'am, sir, get up with, and many others.
8. Sunnin' - Bring the sunscreen, plenty of water, and a wide-brimmed hat! The sun is brutal on the Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Carolina Coasts.
9. Eatin' - Prepare to dine on oysters, shrimp, BBQ, okra, greens, congealed salad, cheese straws, pimento cheese, gumbo, red velvet cake, and banana puddin'.
10. Visitin' - The Deep South is all about family and friends, so put on a big smile, your best dress, and prepare to meet his siblings, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and buddies.
Of course, there are many techniques useful in 'catching' a Southern man. Any more you'd like to share?
-Thanks so much for coming out and chatting with us Lauren, we wish you the best on Dancing Naked In Dixie!
Lauren Clark writes contemporary novels set in the Deep South; stories sprinkled with sunshine, suspense, and secrets.
A former TV news anchor, Lauren adores flavored coffee, local book stores, and anywhere she can stick her toes in the sand. Her big loves are her family, paying it forward, and true-blue friends.
Find Lauren Here: Website|Goodreads|Twitter|Facebook