Saturday, November 7, 2015

Review: Laid Out

Title: Laid Out
Series: Worth the Fight, #4
Author: Sidney Halston
Publisher: Loveswept
Release Date: August 18, 2015
Pages: 277
Buy Links: Amazon | iBooks | Google Play | BN | Kobo

Blurb:

As an Army brat, Violet Channing could never meet her dad’s high expectations. But in the eyes of her best friend, she could do no wrong. He even insisted that he should be her first kiss. Now Cain Sorensen is all grown up, hardened by years in special ops and always looking for a good fight. Tall, with striking blue eyes and impossibly blond hair, he’s a modern-day Viking warrior. Of course, Violet’s all grown up, too, and she’s ready to surrender to his every command.
 
Cain knows he’s bad for Violet. His work is dangerous, and his hobbies are downright deadly. As a private mercenary and a mixed martial arts fighter, he could never let such an innocent soul into his world. And yet his most grueling combat training is no match for Violet’s killer curves, hot touch, and suggestive glances. Now all of Cain’s most explosive fantasies are coming true—but once they cross the line between friends and lovers, there’s no turning back.




I read this book in ONE day.

It was a peaceful Sunday and I found that I had free time. I had started reading this book, and when my photo shoot got cancelled, I thought, "Well, I have nothing else planned, and every end to a chapter makes me want to find out what happened next, so I guess I'll just read all day until I finish this book." That's exactly what I did, and it was WORTH IT (pun intended).

Wow. Cain Sorenson. Oh my gosh, that man was confusing as all hell. He couldn't decide what he wanted! Poor Violet was left trying to figure him out. I did like Violet's character, though. She wore her heart on her sleeve. She was the most forgiving person and she continued to forgive Cain repeatedly no matter how much of a jerk he was.

Seriously, he was a jerk, but I loved him, too! The complexity of his character was what endeared me to him. Nothing about this book was predictable, and I really appreciated that. I also enjoyed the comedic breaks provided by Violet's friend JL. She was hilarious! I can't wait to read her story (hopefully there is one). Violet was hilarious on her own merit. In one chapter, she exclaimed, "Ouch! I think I left a boob over by the door." You'll have to read the book to find out what inspired her to say that.

Here's a little spoiler for you: When Cain wanted to cheat on his diet, he went all out!

Cain: "I'll have a large double chocolate banana split with extra chocolate sauce and extra whip cream. Oh, and throw in some Reeses Pieces and chocolate chips." Then he turned to Violet. "What would you like, Sunshine?"She looked at him, stunned. "Vi?"
Violet: "When you cheat you go all out, don't you?" She laughed. "I'm not hungry. Can I just have some of yours?"
Cain: "Nope. I don't share."

Overall, I would highly recommend this book. I think, so far, it was my favorite of the series. Do note that I've only read two books in the series, haha :)

Go get this book. It's as good as your absolute favorite dessert!

P.S.
Here are some more quotes to convince you to get this book:

"You still like a little coffee with your sugar, I see." << I can totally relate to this because I love a splash of coffee into my hot creamer :)

**********

"Damn, women must have orgasms just talking to you."

**********

JL: "Oh, hello Cain. Nice to see you. Was that thing you just did with your chin your formal hello?"
Cain chuckled. "Yo, J."
JL: "Wow, couldn't even be bothered to say the L."


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment