Sunday, April 26, 2015

Review: Yours at Midnight

Is it just me or does the male model look kind of like Joseph Morgan from The Originals?


Title: Yours at Midnight
Author: Robin Bielman
Publisher: Entangled: Bliss
Release Date: December 17, 2012
Pages: 140
Buy Link: Amazon

Blurb:

Lyric Whetsone only had eyes for Quinn Sobel's brother Oliver, until a car crash took Oliver's life on New Year's Eve. Then, a moment of shared grief between Quinn and Lyric became something more impassioned, something that frightened Quinn so much he ran from Lyric's bed and her life, disappearing for four long years.

Now Quinn's back for another New Year's Eve, struggling for closure, desperate to leave his grief in the past and make amends with the girl of his dreams.

But Lyric has a secret—one that could drive Quinn from her life forever. Will Quinn run away from the love and acceptance he's always wanted...or will he claim his New Year's kiss and make her his at midnight?


Oh my gosh, where can I get my own Quinn?

I wanted to know what the secret was right from the beginning, but the more I read, the more I put the pieces together. It wasn't that hard to guess, really. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this book so much!

Quinn was gone for four years, and now that he was back, he wanted to make amends. I loved the way that he was with the many children in Lyric's family. I thought it was romantic that his feelings never changed no matter how many years had passed.

Lyric, first of all, had an interesting name. Second, I couldn't quite decide if I wanted to sympathize with her. It sounded like she had an amazing family, so I didn't understand why she would keep a secret from them.

On the other hand, the chemistry between Quinn and Lyric was explosive! I kind of wish the story was longer so I could read more about the sexual tension between them. I loved their banter, most of all.

If you want a light read that's cute and romantic, I would highly recommend this book.


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment