Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Tempted Into Danger



Title: Tempted Into Danger
Author: Melissa Cutler
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: June 1, 2013 (Kindle); June 4, 2013 (Paperback)
Pages: 288
Buy LinksAmazon (Paperback) | Amazon (Kindle)

Blurb:

"Keep the asset safe or die trying."

When a simple mission to deliver the beautiful and brilliant Vanessa Crosby to a safe house goes horribly wrong, ICE agent Diego Santero's life gets complicated. Keeping the anti-crime analyst safe from the notorious mercenaries after her program will put everything he's worked for at risk.

Relentlessly hunted and not knowing whom to trust, Diego takes Vanessa on the run, deep into the heart of the deadly Panamanian rainforest. Vanessa reminds herself that she's just another asset to the ruggedly handsome black ops agent...until their intense situation leads to a release of passion neither expected. But even if they make it out alive, how can they ever have a future together?


Review

BEST. BOOK. I'VE READ. THIS YEAR. OR EVER.

Disclaimer: This review is probably an understatement of how marvelous this book really is. Truly, there's not enough words to describe the magnitude of awesome-sauce this book has.

Diego
He was the kind of guy who had trouble saying the right things, especially to a woman. He was one of those alpha males who just didn't like the idea of weakness. He was all macho and tough, but he had a soft gooey center, just like my favorite Lindt Truffles. Diego was so intense, a woman just can't help but fall in love with him. I also pictured him as super buff. He was one sexy beast with the most entertaining quotes!

"The fact that I am standing here with you in the middle of this god-forsaken jungle means I have a perfect record when it comes to protecting people. I don't mess up. I don't fail. And I'm sure as hell not going to screw up that reputation with you. Are we clear?"

"Roger that. Mouth shut. Weepy chicks get tissues except girlfriends, then you have to offer yourself as a tissue."

"Do not tell me what I think you're about to or I swear to God, I'm going to fly to Brazil and go all black ops on this guy for cheating on you."

Vanessa
She was a nerd. A sexy nerd at that. She was absolutely adorable, if naive. She almost got them killed once, but she had a really good reason. She also didn't know any better. Anyway, after spending just 24 hours with Diego, she changed and became braver and more sure of herself. I love how she was able to get Diego to do what she wants. As macho as he was, he went all soft when it came to her. She was such a trooper, I think I have a girl crush on her.

Ryan and Alicia
I sure hope these two get their books one day. Ryan would just be such an amazing character to read about. He has that mystery and calm exterior. Exactly the kind of guy I'd want to get to know more. Then, there's Alicia. She's the kind of woman who refused to sacrifice luxury just because she was a black ops agent. If anything, I pictured her as super hot and sexy with all kinds of weapons strapped to her body. Yet another girl crush.

Other things that I enjoyed in this book was the role reversal aspect that the author successfully created. Vanessa was the aggressive one in this book. She took the kisses she wanted from Diego without permission. I absolutely loved it whenever she would get that "look" on her face that Diego came to know as her "I really want to kiss you right now" face.

Another thing I enjoyed was the mathematics aspect of this book. Oh my goodness, who knew math was so erotic??

Finally, I just really enjoyed the humor in this book. This book just made the genre of romantic suspense at the top of my favorite genres. Melissa Cutler, you are a romantic suspense goddess. I bow down to you.

Now, for my favorite scene :)

Diego: "Time for some shut-eye. You sit here with me and take deep breaths. Try to relax. Everything's going to work out because I'm going to make it work."
Vanessa: "Because that's your job right?"
      With eyes half-lidded and drowsy, he grinned and twined his fingers with hers, then pulled their joined hands on to his lap. After another huge yawn, he closed his eyes.
      Vanessa looked around. Everyone, even John through the rearview mirror, was gawking at her. She offered them a tentative smile and decided to bulldoze through the awkward moment with levity.
Vanessa: "No big deal. I'm sure he holds all the assets' hands, am I right?"
Alicia: "Oh yeah. He's real touchy-feely that way."
Diego: "Still awake here." He grumbled without opening his eyes. "And I can hold whoever's damn hand I want. Get over it."
Vanessa: "So, John, back to that Michael Jackson story. You said this album saved your life?"

So, obviously, there's nothing left to do but to buy this book, right?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you enjoyed the book, Arianne! Thanks for posting a review.

    ReplyDelete