Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: Freudian Slip

Title: Freudian Slip
Series: Sex Therapy
Author: Vivian Claire Prescott
Publisher: Arcato Publishing
Release Date: August 19, 2012
Pages: 26
Buy LinkKindle

Blurb:

Julie hadn't felt a spark of passion in her life for years, not until she met the incredibly sexy Dr. Beau Konno. When he first touches her between her legs, she knew she would do whatever he asked of her. Unsure of how a relationship would work with her psychologist, she feels intimidated and confused, but when Beau Konno sets his sights on what he wants, nothing will stand in his way.


Excerpt
He leaned in closer to her, his hand warming the skin on her arm. “So it’s okay to admit you were both wrong. Admitting to some responsibility is healthy. Shouldering all of it is not. I think the first step you need to take is to make it okay to be angry with him, and relieve yourself of a little of the fault. He was the one who left the marriage before telling you. Doesn’t that make you angry?”

What he said made sense. Her ex-husband hadn’t been honest with her. Inside her heart, a spark ignited, reminding her of the pain she had felt when she found those panties while doing his laundry. He had tried to lie and say he didn’t know where the panties had come from, and had accused her of planting them for a short while. It was at that point she forced herself to steal her heart and go through with the divorce.

Only now she wasn’t thinking much about the divorce. She was feeling Dr. Konno’s hand on her arm. The longer it lingered, the more she could imagine those hands holding her, stroking sensitive parts of her body. It had been a few months since she’d had sex at all, and this touch was enough to set her mind into very crude images of Dr. Konno in various positions. She surprised herself at her excitement and knew her panties were already a little wet.

“What are you thinking about?” Dr. Konno’s voice pulled her out of her thoughts, and she felt his hand move downward toward her leg. Her blush had to be prominent. “I don’t really have feelings for my ex-husband,” she said. “I’m glad he’s gone. I’m not really upset about it. I’d really like to just move on with my life.”

He smiled then. “Sounds like you don’t need me. You’ve got it handled pretty well. Or you’re in denial.” He leaned forward until his lips were at her ear, his hand moved upward on her leg. “I can help you feel better, Julie,” he said. “Will you trust me?”

She was shocked to find herself considering his suggestion. What was she doing? She shouldn’t let her psychologist touch her. She knew it was inappropriate, it had to be. And she didn’t really know him! Still, she couldn’t help herself. It had been a long time since she’d felt wanted. Dr. Konno’s eyes were locked on hers and she was lost in his sexiness, in the warmth of his hand on her leg.

“I think I trust you,” she said.

“Close your eyes.”

Even though her moral side told her not to, her eyes closed. She felt Dr. Konno’s hands sliding up her leg further until he was brushing his fingertips on her inner thigh. Gently, he pushed at one leg until she was sliding them apart.

“Good girl, Julie. You’re so beautiful,” he said.

His hand shot up her thigh to grip at her skirt and pulled it upward. The sudden force and being exposed like she was sent a wave of excitement through her. He was going to touch her -- and she wanted him to!


Review

This book was steamy!!!

At first, I didn't know if I should be creep-ed out of Dr. Konno. I mean, he was acting very unprofessional. But, he was also super sexy in Julie's eyes. Well, who can resist a sexy psychologist? Right?

The writer was good at what she does because I was seriously having my own little crush on Dr. Konno the way she described him. He was basically perfect: rose garden in his home, a pond, and a room with bookshelves in it. Sexy, right?

Unfortunately, there was a lot of confusion in this book. Even after finishing it, I was confused with the situation. I understand it was a domination/submission story, but something about it just wasn't clear for me. I also was left hanging at the end. I really wanted to know what happened when she arrived at his house in a dress!!!

I recommend this book if you like the tease :) I really want the second book now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment