Tuesday, April 26, 2016

ARC Review: Ride Hard

Ever since I became one of the lucky ones to be granted an ARC every time Laura Kaye releases a new book, I have read the entire Hard Ink series, and I cannot wait to read the whole Raven Riders series! I hope you'll stay with me as I review my way through Laura Kaye's masterpieces. Let's start with the first book of her new series below.

Title: Ride Hard
Series: Raven Riders, #1
Author: Laura Kaye
Publisher: Avon
Release Date: April 26, 2016
Pages: 384
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo

Blurb:

Brotherhood. Club. Family.
They live and ride by their own rules.
These are the Raven Riders...

Raven Riders Motorcycle Club President Dare Kenyon rides hard and values loyalty above all else. He'll do anything to protect the brotherhood of bikers--the only family he's got--as well as those who can't defend themselves. So when mistrustful Haven Randall lands on the club's doorstep scared that she's being hunted, Dare takes her in, swears to keep her safe, and pushes to learn the secrets overshadowing her pretty smile.

Haven fled from years of abuse at the hands of her criminal father and is suspicious of any man's promises, including those of the darkly sexy and overwhelmingly intense Ravens' leader. But as the powerful attraction between them flares to life, Dare pushes her boundaries and tempts her to want things she never thought she could.

The past never dies without a fight, but Dare Kenyon's never backed down before...



Laura Kaye did it again! This book was riveting and I couldn't put it down!

First of all, let's take a moment to appreciate one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen. From the moment she revealed the cover until now, I'm still in love with it.

Haven was such an interesting character. She was strong and the most amazing baker that ever existed, apparently! I honestly wish I had the talent to make such heavenly creations like she did in the book. 

Shaking away the thought, Dare elbowed his way to the table. "Y'all are a bunch of goddamned vultures," he said, diving in for another and taking two more for good measure.

As per Laura's signature, there was just the perfect amount of humor in this book. I really did enjoy the camaraderie among the riders. I could really sense the unity and their love and respect for each other. It was written so well that these factors were simply jumping out the pages.

Eyes still down, Dare shrugged. He saw it. He saw her. "Doesn't really matter, does it?" Something hit him in the forehead. He flinched as a pencil tumbled down his front and fell to the floor.
Dare: "Ow, you fucker. Coulda taken my damn eye out."
Maverick: "Uh-huh. Stop shitting me for a minute."
Dare: "What do you want from me, Maverick?"
Maverick: "You like her."
Dare: "Mav--"
Maverick: "You fucking like her."
The big idiot grinned. Like there was anything good about Dare's errant feelings.
Dare: "Good-bye, Maverick. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out."

Dare wasn't the kind of alpha male that growled and marked his territory, because come on, he's the club president. He kind of already had the automatic respect from everyone. I also liked that Haven was stepping out of her shell. It reminded me a little bit of myself the way she was sheltered. Also, the way that she grew up; only knowing about pain and fear, and not about acceptance and kindness.

Don't get me wrong though. Nothing's hotter than a dangerous-looking Dare. Oh wait, there is, actually. A badass Haven. I can't say anything more than that because those details would be spoilers, so you'll just have to read the book.

"...[she] guarded you like a lioness guarding her cubs."

JUST ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment