Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Book Signing + LA Times Book Festival 2016


Hi everyone! I thought I'd do something different today and talk about the book events I attended this past weekend.

The first event was Linda Thomas Sundstrom's book signing and release party at the Mysterious Galaxy bookstore in San Diego, CA on April 9. I love coming to the bookstore because of the intimate setting. I also love that they always have sweets whenever someone is signing!



Linda Thomas Sundstrom is known as the literary girl of paranormal romance because her books are so rich. A fun fact about her is that she also teaches Pilates and some of her students came to support her during the event.

Linda talked about having no control on her covers, and she told stories of which covers she preferred and even compared covers from different countries for the same book.

I might have fangirled a little bit when she mentioned me by name at least twice. Thanks for the shoutout, Linda!

Lastly, she mentioned that the most recent book she released and signed at the event, Immortal Redeemed, was one of her favorite books out of the 28 that she had already released. Congratulations on a successful writing career, Linda!

On April 10, me and my friend drove to USC in Los Angeles to attend the LA Times Book Festival. It was my first time and I honestly had a great time, even though I only went to a few booths and spent only an hour at the event.

I was mainly there so I could meet Carlene Love. We had previously chatted on Twitter and I was excited to finally meet her. She writes contemporary romance about rockstars and exotic dancers thrown into the real world apart from their careers. She was such a sweetheart and a joy to chat with.


The next author I met was Tracy Reed. She was very passionate about her books and really believed in them. It was quite inspirational to witness an author's pride about her books. We chatted for a long time and laughed as well. It was a pleasure to meet her and hope that we'll meet again soon--online or in person.


Overall, I enjoyed my time at the book festival. If you want to see what else I got up to plus interviews of the authors mentioned here, check out the video below!




Have you been to a book signing or a book festival before? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to my book signing, and for the shout-out here on your blog, Arianne. Love it! *smiling a lot*
    Linda

    ReplyDelete