Sunday, November 15, 2015

Review: Bridge City

I'm so excited to share this review with you all today. I copy edited this book, therefore I read it, and I really enjoyed it! This book and this author honestly deserves more attention. Please check him out :)

Title: Bridge City
Author: Andrew Sutherland
Publisher: Yar Literary
Release Date: November 6, 2015
Pages: 510
Buy Link: Amazon

Blurb:

Al McNair has a nasty case of creeping depression. The woman he loved was killed in the Bahamas and he feels it is his fault. In order to shake the depression that in the end will kill him, Al seeks refuge in the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.

Unbeknownst to Al, someone is killing homeless people under the Burnside Bridge in Portland OR. Full of unexpected twists, realistic action, intriguing characters, and the enigma that is Al, Bridge City is fun, fast-paced, and a perfect book for action lovers everywhere.



This book was like a spinoff from The Girl That Care Forgot trilogy. For those of you who haven't read Andrew Sutherland's books, they're filled with action and strategy. I really appreciated the intelligent characters, but also that they're very humorous.

This book honestly started out a bit slow for me while I read about Al battling his depression. However, as soon as he arrived in Portland, things started getting serious. I really enjoyed his time with Samantha. They had chemistry and it was nice to see Al bounce back from his depression.

Another character I really enjoyed was Detective Sellers. His humor was so entertaining, and combined with Al's humor, it was magic. I couldn't put this book down and I wanted to know what happened next.

As for the villain of the story, the author really did a great job portraying a character that was pure evil and psychotic. There were times when I needed a bit of a buffer before I went to bed, lest I get nightmares from reading about the villain. That was how good it was!

Finally, I loved the character of Bear. Bless him, he was so adorable, literally like a teddy bear. He was such a gentle spirit, but also a protective one. Oh, and he was a great cook as well!

I do also want to mention that, though this book's cover wasn't my favorite -- I've been known to judge a book by its cover -- I was glad that I read it. Oh my gosh, so good!

I would highly recommend this book, or if you want to start from the very beginning, check out The Girl That Care Forgot trilogy. If you love action with a little bit of romance, you would really enjoy reading these books. 


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment