Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review: The Billionaire's Matchmaker



Title: The Billionaire's Matchmaker
Authors: Shirley Jump, Susan Meier, Jackie Braun, Barbara Wallace
Publisher: Entangled: Indulgence
Release Date: October 14, 2013
Pages: 272
Buy LinkAmazon

Blurb:

Can a feisty four-legged matchmaker help four best friends find the romance of their dreams?

Driving Mr. Wrong Home by Shirley Jump
When a handsome man from Gabby’s past agrees to a cross-country road trip, her master plan to re-launch her art career quickly morphs into an unexpected, romantic reunion.

The Sheriff's Secret by Susan Meier
Marney’s 9-1-1 emergency help arrives in the form of a rugged, blue-eyed cop. Now she has the perfect bodyguard to keep her safe during those dark, steamy nights…

Love Unleashed by Jackie Braun
The last thing Mia wants is a relationship…yet the headstrong florist can’t keep her hands off her sexy-as-sin ex-boyfriend.  Will she open her heart before he leaves town for good?

Love in the Shadows by Barbara Wallace
Jenny is a woman on a mission – she’ll even resort to dognapping to make her point! But can she teach a reclusive, emotionally-wounded tycoon that love heals all things?


Review

Driving Mr. Wrong Home
This story was great, but it didn't leave a lasting impression. I enjoyed the transformation that TJ had and Gabby's reaction to it. I even enjoyed the "big gesture" he did. Something about it just wasn't incredibly special. However, this story was when the "matchmaker" was introduced. He had quite a long name: St. Clair Charles Osgood Bonaparte - isn't that adorable?

"Life's a journey, TJ. Some of us just take the long road."

The Sheriff's Secret
I definitely enjoyed Dell's confidence in the beginning. It was quite endearing, especially the way Marney reacted to him.

"...he grinned his infuriating 'I-know-your're-attracted-to-me' grin."

One scene in this story reminded me of a personal experience I had, except it didn't end the same way as the characters... I love it, in a weird way, when a book reminds me of a personal experience, even though it seems they're always the unhappy memories.

"I didn't threaten you! I was teasing you. But now that I know you have no sense of humor I'll stop. You don't have to worry. I can be trusted."

I also enjoyed the liberty that the author took in writing the steamy scenes. I enjoyed the "soup" scenes ;) I also liked that this book had a clear conflict. It broke my heart when Dell reminded Marney of it.

Love Unleashed
Second time is definitely sweeter. I loved that Gideon, even after having his heart broken, was still brave enough to try again. He kept on pushing because what he felt was love. This story taught me that you don't give up on the person you love. You also make the necessary sacrifices for them. Mia had trust issues, but Gideon worked through it, no matter how hard it was at times.

Gideon: "I don't suppose I left any boxers behind?"
Mia: "Not that either I or Charlie has found."
Gideon: "Guess I'll go commando."

Something about going commando sounds sexy ;)

Love in the Shadows
Jenny was the lucky woman who inspired the recluse to come out of the cave.

I love reading about characters who are not shallow. Characters who can see the beauty behind an obvious flaw. Jenny was that person. She saw the beauty behind the injury, behind the scars, behind the shadows. Even when it was incredibly uncomfortable for her, she told the truth to make sure that Nick didn't get the wrong idea and beat himself up for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment