Monday, September 12, 2016

ARC Review: Claiming the Enemy

When I read the blurb of this book, I wanted to read it right away. I didn't realize that it was part of the Pulse series, in which I reviewed Seducing the Boss by Mari Carr previously. Check out my thoughts of the story below!

Title: Claiming the Enemy
Series: Pulse, #3
Author: Lauren Hawkeye
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Release: September 12, 2016
Pages: 144
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo | Amazon UK | Amazon CA

Blurb:

Piper Dawson has spent a lifetime living by other people’s rules.
She’s worked hard to get what she wants—a residency at her first choice hospital—and no one will ever tie her down again, not even her severe yet incredibly sexy supervisor, Dr. Alexander “Ace” Lennox.
Ace is done with love. He’s had his heart shattered, and he never wants to go there again. But when he’s inexplicably enticed by the sexy, tattooed woman with blue streaks in her hair and a perpetual smile on her lips, he figures that maybe he can keep it to just sex.
The problem? He thrives on control, and Piper dances just around the edges of it.
But when they're together, control is the first thing to go...

This book was explosive, there were times when I was afraid I'd explode while reading it!

Ace and Piper didn't like each other. They always butted heads; Ace thought Piper was crazy, and Piper thought Ace was a jerk. Ah well, opposites attract, right?

I really liked that Piper was a smart ass in the beginning. She enjoyed messing with Ace for the most part, and reeling him into pretending to be with her was just the cherry on top.

Once Ace was on board with the game, he was proven a great player. Oh, and did you know Ace was a dirty talker? Oh boy, he was good. No wonder Piper was all over him. He also had weird little things that he liked about Piper like her tan lines and her back. Sheesh, he was gone before he even knew it.

"Piper had an orgasm over her dessert."

Piper was just a joy in all kinds of ways. She was open and confident, though she did feel insecure at times about how she looked. See, Piper wasn't rich, but Ace was. I couldn't blame her if she felt intimidated sometimes.

I recently developed a thing for men dipping their women. Ace clearly knew what was good because in one of the scenes, he dipped Piper just to say something sexy to her. Piper's reaction was: "Holy. Shit."  Yep, exactly.

There were so many other delicious surprises in this book, but I wouldn't spoil it. Let me just say that Ace couldn't keep his hands to himself as a result. 

Lastly, I really enjoyed that Kellan from Seducing the Boss made a cameo. He was such a great man, and funny as well!

Kellan: "Fill these (sexual harassment forms) out while I go check on Dr. Alvarado." He was halfway out the door before he hesitated and turned back. "Do not have sex on my desk."

So, what are you waiting for? Get this book now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment