Monday, August 1, 2016

Review: Seducing the Boss

Remember when I reviewed my first ever Mari Carr book, Blank Canvas? I said in that review that I'd definitely be reading more of her books, so when I saw that her new release is up for review from Entangled, I immediately signed up. Read my thoughts below!

Title: Seducing the Boss
Series: Pulse, #2
Author: Mari Carr
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Release Date: August 1, 2016
Pages: 157
Buy Links: Amazon | iBooks | Google | BN | Kobo

Blurb:

Kellan James is unwinding at Score when he spots the last person he’d ever expect to find in his favorite bar. Sara Connelly—ER nurse, do-gooder, charitable crusader, and frequent pain in his ass. Both grew up privileged in swanky Southampton, but that’s where the similarities end. Kellan’s made it his mission to seek out life’s pleasures; Sara gains pleasure from lecturing him on his lifestyle. Kellan would never date someone like her. Ever.
But when Kellan discovers Sara’s been stood-up by an online date, something fierce and protective awakens inside of him. Typically, Kellan would enjoy teasing the jilted Sara, but something in her face sends him over to her table with a plan. He encourages her to take a walk on the wild side, one weekend of sin, no holds barred.
She accepts, but it quickly becomes apparent that one night isn’t enough. As the pull between them grows stronger, Kellan discovers it’s a very dangerous thing to say never.
Humorous, Romantic, and So Hot!

From the very beginning, I was hooked to this book. I giggled, I swooned, but I also fell in love very quickly with the characters. Kellan had such a charm that was irresistible. He was the eternal playboy who was the whole package: tall, dark, handsome, and intelligent. Well, damn. I wanted him for myself.

Sara was commonly known as Scrubs. Who knew she was hiding a sexy body underneath the unflattering nurse scrubs? But you'd be happy to know that she wasn't all good looks. Underneath, her heart shone like a beautiful star, if only one would pay attention *ahem, Kellan, ahem*

It was funny because I could relate to Sara's unplanned celibacy. When Kellan appeared so shock, it reminded me of my friend feeling so sad for me, just like Kellan did for Sara :)

The familiarity between the two characters was so refreshing and their chemistry was explosive. Gee, if this book never ended, I wouldn't have minded. Also, did I mention I really loved the little jabs at Kellan here and there?

"The man had an ego the size of California."

One thing that really touched me was when Kellan, the eternal playboy, asked Sara for more time. At that time, I witnessed his vulnerability and I felt so honored to be reading this book. Seriously.

Towards the end of the book, Kellan's family started getting involved and I just loved it, especially his mom. You know you're in trouble when you decide you need your mom. Kellan was in big trouble.

This book was not fun and games, however. There was a part in the book that was very serious and in it, I saw how Kellan's character changed and sort of grew up in a way.

Seriously, writing this review reminded me just how much I loved this book. I can't wait to tell my friends and coworkers about it!

Check out some of my favorite quotes/scenes below.

Sara: "Did I faint?"
Kellan: "I'm pretty sure you just lost your balance, but let's go with that passing out story. Makes me sound like a total stud."

Sara: "He thinks we're making a mistake, doesn't he?"
Kellan: "It's Josh. If there's a more impulsive, hedonistic guy on the planet, I'd like to see you point him out."
She raised her finger and pointed in Kellan's direction.

Kellan: "Give me thirty seconds." She tilted her head, giving him a quizzical look. "Condoms are in the bedroom."
Sara: "Oh. Some playboy you are. Sort of figured you'd have a box in every room."

"What part of 'naked' are you struggling with this weekend?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment