Monday, October 19, 2015

Review: Tempting the New Boss

Title: Tempting the New Boss
Series: Sleeping with the Enemy
Author: Angela Claire
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Release Date: October 19, 2015
Pages: 200
Buy Link: Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo | Amazon UK | Amazon CA

I was provided a copy of this book for an honest review.

Blurb:

Sometimes you have to break the rules…
When Camilla Anderson loses her job just as a position at Talbot Inc. opens up, there's no way she's questioning the lucky break. Working for the quirky, reclusive CEO will pay off her student loans within a year, and they're flying to Europe in his private jet.
Mason Talbot isn't good at talking to women. Well, to anyone, really. But when his new lawyer boards his plane, biology kicks in. But he can't tell if her adverse reaction is to him or his painfully awkward attempts at flirting.
As the flight gets bumpier, Mr. High IQ gets calmer. And…he holds her hand? Maybe the guy is redeemable after all. As soon as they land, she'll have to teach her endearingly awkward new boss how to seduce a girl properly.
That is, if they don't die in a fiery plane crash first.


One of the most enjoyable books I've read this year!

From the very beginning, this book hooked me. It was so interesting and so funny! I was literally laughing out loud in my room while I read it. The funniest part was when Mason was absolutely clueless about life. Although, he certainly wasn't clueless about one thing: you'd have to read the book to find out ;)

I loved the dynamic between Camilla and Mason. Camilla was such a bright presence while Mason was a mystery. I loved that Camilla was a well-rounded person, and even when she was upset, she was able to explain why she was upset to her new boss. Very mature indeed.

Mason: "You don't look like one of my normal employees. Except for the suit and everything. You look like a woman I'd want to have sex with."
Camilla: "You jerk!"
Mason: "How am I being a jerk by wanting to have sex with you?"
Camilla: "You're being a jerk by saying so."
Mason: "Even if it's true?"
Camilla: "Yes!"
Mason: "Even if I'm thinking it?"
Camilla: "Yes. For instance, I'm not saying right now that I think you're the biggest asshole boss I've ever come across in a long, long line of asshole bosses."
Mason: "I think you did just say it."
Camilla: "Is there something wrong with you?"
Mason: "Like what? I'm horny right now, but otherwise, I'm okay."

As for Mason, completely ignorant of the world around him made him quite adorable. I could just imagine his facial expressions when he said such ridiculous things to Camilla.

I also really loved the relationship that Camilla had with her family. They had a very close relationship and everyone really cared and loved each other. It made for a refreshing read.

Camilla: "Not that it's any of your business, but he was very hot in bed."
Brandy (Camilla's sister): "Of course it's not my business. Tell me more."

I would highly recommend this book. It's a novella, but I wish it had been a full novel. I wanted to know what exactly it was that Mason did for a living. Ah well, I guess I'd never know. Still, buy this book, it's amazing :)


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment