Saturday, June 21, 2014

Review: Hot Secrets

Hi everyone!
I've been so busy lately; I haven't had much time to read. Sorry for the lack of posts! I hope you enjoy this review :)



Title: Hot Secrets
Series: Tall, Dark, and Deadly, #1
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
Self Published
Release Date: August 23, 2012
Pages: 196
Buy LinksAmazon (Paperback) | Amazon (Kindle) | Kindle Boxed Set

Blurb:

Royce Walker, a former FBI Agent, who's opened a private security firm with his brothers, has always had the hots for the prim, proper Assistant District Attorney, but considered her hand's off because of a family connection.

However, when danger threatens Lauren, he isn't willing to stand by and watch her get hurt. Now the passion for survival is only rivaled by the passion burning between them. And that passion, might just be the death of them both.


Review

Yes, just the book to get me back on track! It was sweet and demanding for my attention :)

Royce was described in the book as a grizzly alpha male who was very bossy. I think it was sexy, but I also understand how that could be irritating half the time. I think the sincerity in his voice is what made him so endearing to Lauren. He really cared about her and even at the risk of her hating him, he pushed on to protect her no matter what.

"I couldn't go to bed knowing you weren't there."

Lauren, on the other hand, was stronger than she gave herself credit for. I liked that she was determined, but there were times when she acted like any woman would when her life was being threatened. She was such a dynamic character, that I fell in love with her as Royce did.

Together, these two were like firecrackers; they were explosive together. I really love the strength that they had since the beginning. I also appreciated that the author didn't make Lauren into the stereotypical "weak" woman who would "stand her ground" and stay mad at the man she clearly loved. Overall, I would recommend this book.

I got this book from NetGalley. I'm not quite sure if the copy was the finished copy because it had a lot of errors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment