Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Resisting the Hero



Title: Resisting the Hero
Series: Accidentally in Love, #3
Author: Cindi Madsen
Publisher: Entangled: Bliss
Release Date: January 13, 2014
Pages: 197
Buy LinkAmazon

Blurb:

Resisting her brother's best friend is futile...

Faith Fitzpatrick isn’t looking for a hero. Burned one too many times in the past, she’s now sworn them off completely. And when her brother’s best friend, Connor, convinces him to join the dangerous SWAT team, Faith has never been more anti-hero. What’s wrong with having a safe job? There’s nothing safe about Connor. Confident, sexy, and sporting a six-pack that should be illegal, he’s everything she doesn’t want.

When his best friend’s sister moves to town, local cop Connor Maguire knows he’s in trouble. Faith is feisty, funny, and talks trash like nobody’s business. She’s also his partner’s sister—and so totally off limits. Working on the Fall Festival together, they agree to a truce and become friends. But the more time Connor spends with Faith, the more he’s willing to risk the wrath of her brother. If he could only convince her to take a risk on him, too.


Review

This book was so good in so many levels! I was moved to tears and more.

"I work for cookies."

Faith was feisty with a big F. She took no crap from anybody, especially from Connor. She knew his type. That charming demeanor meant he slept with a lot of women... right? She fought long and hard to make sure she didn't fall for a hero. She didn't want to end up like her mother and suffer through the death of her husband.

Connor saw Faith and everything was in place...until he found out she was his partner's sister. That was definitely an interesting conversation every time it would come up. I enjoyed Kaleb's protective instinct toward his sister, but I also enjoyed Connor's persistence. He wasn't afraid of his partner, but he also tried to honor his wishes... A lot of good that did him.

"I'm not saying I know how to be an awesome boyfriend. But for you, I'd be willing to try."

I thoroughly enjoyed the banter between Connor and Faith in this book. Faith always had a good comeback and Connor was just shameless with his flirting. I mean, how much more adorable can they possibly get?!

"Morning," Connor said, and she had the unnerving feeling that he could read her every thought.

She crossed her arms and squinted at the bright outside light. "What are you doing here?"

"Picking up your brother. We carpool." He shot her a way-too-perky smile. "In case you haven't heard, it's good for the environment."

"I've...It's...You...Ugh...." She ran a hand over her face, most likely smearing yesterday's makeup even more.

Connor stepped past her, his chest brushing against her arm. "Wow, I'm disappointed, Blondie. You usually have much better comebacks."

She frowned at him. "I just woke up. Haven't even had coffee yet."

"I've already run five miles, plus showered--where I was naked, because I know you were wondering." She rolled her eyes. "How 'bout you run one more mile and get the hell away from me?"

"And leave the warmth of your sunny disposition? No thanks."

From the climax to the epilogue of this book, I was practically in tears the entire way. The realization, the humor, and the overflowing love of both the characters just did me in. I think it's safe to say that Cindi Madsen had just been added to my favorite authors list... (I really need to start writing them down so I don't forget!)

Buy this book. It will be one of the biggest accomplishment you'll ever achieve in life :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment