Saturday, February 15, 2014

Review: Eve Met Her Match



Title: Eve Met Her Match
Series: When Honey Got Married...
Author: Anna Cleary
Publisher: Entangled: Indulgence
Release Date: February 14, 2014
Pages: 53
Buy LinkAmazon

Blurb:

Eve hoped to make one last play for the groom-who-got-away…but instead the down-on-her-romantic-luck actress instead found herself in dark corners with his successful, seductive cousin.





Review

Scorching hot!

Eve attended a rehearsal dinner for the wedding of the man she'd been in love with. She dressed up in a way that no man in his right mind should be able to resist her. She was on a mission and she was going to make one last play if it killed her.

Unfortunately, Rainer happened.

Rainer was so hot, so magnetic, and so sure of himself. If he wasn't so irresistible, I'd think he was arrogant. Eve, however, found him delicious despite her "feelings" for the groom.

"Anytime I kiss a woman, whether it's for esteem, ideals, or whatever, there is a need, and she does want."

This book was such an indulgent read, I recommend it for sure. Rainer might have been seductive, but there's no denying Eve when she turned on her own charm. The exchange between the two was absolutely entertaining.

Rainer: "Whatever story you tell, I can't help reading bad mischief in those lovely eyes. So sure, I'll take care of Honey for you. But in return, you have to kiss me."
Eve: "I beg your pardon? Are you crazy?"
Rainer: "And not just any little kiss, either. Forget about egrets. I'm not interested in an esteem kiss. I want the hottest you've got."
Eve: "What you've got is no chance. I don't kiss heartless, conniving rogues."
Rainer: "There may be some irony in that statement, Eve. But that's my price. Take it or leave it. Oh, and I want my security up front."

0 comments:

Post a Comment