Tuesday, January 31, 2017

ARC Review: Nico

I loved Sarah Castille's Redemption series, so when I received notice to review the first book in a new series, I jumped at the chance. Check out my review below.

Title: Nico
Series: Ruin and Revenge
Author: Sarah Castille
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Release Date: December 6, 2016
Pages: 368
Buy Links: Amazon | Amazon UK | BN | Chapters Indigo | Book Depository | Books-A-Million | IndieBound

Blurb:

Las Vegas Mafia boss, Nico Toscani, is used to getting what he wants, whether it is having the City of Sin under his rule or a beautiful woman in his bed. But when he meets his match in the gorgeous, headstrong Mia Cordano, the daughter of a rival crime lord, all bets are off. . .
Sexy computer hacker, Mia, struggles to break free of her ruthless father’s Mafia ties…but she can’t resist the powerful and seductive Nico, who will stop at nothing to possess her. With their families locked in a brutal war for control of the city, Mia and Nico enter into a forbidden game. Will they surrender to the passion that burns between them―and risk tearing apart their families? Or will Nico be forced to betray the only woman who sets his blood on fire?

The chemistry was so hot!

I don't think I've read a mafia romance before this one, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The mob vibe was definitely there. There was no romanticizing Nico. He was a capo, which meant his hands weren't clean, but his intentions were good. 

I liked that he wasn't into dealing drugs or prostitution or whatever kind of bad stuff that would attract the FBI. He tried to stay straight, even when he did have illegitimate businesses as well. His loyal crew was proof that he was someone trustworthy.

Mia: "I'm not his woman."
Big Joe: "I don't mean any disrespect, ma'am, and I don't have a woman of my own, so I could be wrong. But since I'm supposed to sit outside your place all night to make sure you're safe under pain of death, I think you are."

Mia was a badass mafia princess. She hated pink and preferred the punk rock fashion style. For some reason, Nico found this style very interesting. Mia was also a hacker. Reading about her work was exhilarating, though I wished there would have been more detail in her process. 

Together, Nico and Mia had an explosive time together. There was an underlying danger because they were from rival families, but their attraction was stronger than spite. 

One of my favorite scenes was the "sexytimes countdown." Definitely something to look forward to!

I liked the book enough to look forward to the next book in this series. Check this out if you're into a gritty kind of romance centered around the mafia world.

Here's one more little teaser for you:

Mia: "So you know your tools. Am I supposed to be impressed?"
Nico: *laughs out loud* "I can only hope. Nothing has worked so far. I also have some familiarity with fixing up old cars. Among other things."
Mia: "Fixing to steal them? Like you stole me?"
Nico: "You wound me, bella. I give you my word I mean you no harm."
Mia: "The word of a mob boss."
Nico: "My word as a man."


0 comments:

Post a Comment