Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope this year will be a great one for everyone!


Here's a little recap of 2012 for me:

  • I met Kayla from Bengal Reads and became partners for her blog Reading on the Wild Side.
  • A few months later, I inherited Reading on the Wild Side from Kayla, turning it into what it is now: Provocative Pages.
  • I've read so many romance books toward the end of this year! A lot of historical and contemporary romance. I discovered so many amazing authors.
  • I started my own book tour services: Romantic Maidens Book Tours - we service many different genres like Paranormal, Fantasy, Contemporary, Young Adult, Historical, and Erotica.
As I welcome the new year, I'm hoping to find more new authors and continue to provide you all with quality reviews and help you add more books in your bookshelves! :)

Before I go, I want to announce that I will be participating, for the first time, in a challenge! I came across the Erotic Literature Challenge and I wanted to participate. Check out the rules below, directly quoted from the hosts! Click here for the linky they mentioned below.


Here are the details…
  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012
  • You can choose you level of commitment-
 First Base - 1-3 books
 Second Base
 -4-7 books
Third Base -
 8-11 books
Let’s go all the way,baby! -
12 and more

(Ok, maybe those level names are kind of lame but it’s late at night. If you have other suggestions,I’m all ears)

  • You can read short stories,novels,memoirs, or even audiobooks. Just as long as they all are considered erotica.
  • You don’t have to pre-select what you’re going to read or submit any list prior to joining in. Just jump in and read what you want throughout the year
  • When you’ve finished a book you can:
Write a review on your own blog and enter the link in Mr Linky below 
OR

Give a mini-review in the comment section here if you don’t have a blog


Depending on how things go throughout the year  (for me…not you all), I’d like to have a drawing periodically for an appropriately themed prize (sex toys, maybe?) . If that happens, it would be done in a drawing based on how many entries you have in the Mr Linky section or per review in the comments…so make sure you update with your reviews ! Even if  we don’t have a drawing, it’s still nice to read other’s reviews to get more ideas of books you can add to your To Read List, right?I’ll make a button you can put on your own blog one of these days very soon, so check back to grab that.Looking for some suggestions of what to read? Here’s some : Best Erotica for the Well-Read Woman (with more to be added. I also will probably add some as the challenge goes on based on positive reviews)

Let me know in the comments what you are looking forward to in the new year and let me know if you are participating in the challenge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment