Monday, March 6, 2017

ARC Review: Private Reserve

Ever since I read Cathryn Fox's Hands On series, she became one of those authors that I would read anything from. So, when I saw that she was releasing a new book with Entangle'd Scorched, I jumped at the chance. Check out my review below.

Title: Private Reserve
Series: Dossier, #1
Author: Cathryn Fox
Publisher: Entangled: Scorched
Release Date: March 6, 2017
Pages: 87
Buy Links: Amazon | Nook | Kobo | iBooks | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Blurb:
Olivia was the best thing that ever happened to me. But she’s a good girl, and I have a side that is far too dark for a minister’s daughter. When she started talking about plans after graduation, the only thing I could do was run back to Italy—to protect her from me. But she’s back in my life, and I need a wife before I can take full ownership of our failing vineyard and hotel. Only problem is, I want her again. No way can I put my hands on her. One kiss, one taste, could unleash the side of me that would only scare her.
If she discovers my dark side, I don’t know if she’ll flee back to the states, or surrender to me. What she doesn’t know is she already owns me, and if she leaves, I’ll never be the same.

As soon as I read the first page, I couldn't stop reading until I reached the end.

I love contemporary novels, probably because it was easier to imagine. This time around, Ms. Fox took me to Italy in a beautiful and peaceful vineyard, full of senior couples. The main character Olivia wasn't sure why she ended up in a place like it, until she inadvertently witnessed a passionate encounter.

I had to stop after the first chapter because I had to get back to work, but as I was hiking with my friend that same day, I made a prediction: she would hook up with her ex and the two people she encountered. As I kept reading, I was right. Now, was it predictable? Well, I've read so many books that I figured as much. But the fun part was reading about their journey.

The heat built up until it turned into an inferno, and it was all thanks to Gio. Poor guy kept referring to himself as a beast, thinking that being a minister's daughter, Olivia must be an innocent. He was so wrong. 

"I see the way she looks at you. I see the raw need in her eyes, a girl who aches to be dominated. I would know. We share that, remember?" - Mystery third participant ;)

You'll have to read the book to find out who the third participant was. This book was hot when it finally exploded. As with Cathryn's Hands On series, I wanted more. I wished this book was longer. I wanted to read more about the threesome ;)

Overall, this was a quick, steamy read that I would definitely recommend. I can't wait for the next books!


0 comments:

Post a Comment