Sunday, November 2, 2014

Review: Heat


Cover of HEAT.
Title: Heat
Series: Club Inferno, #1
Author: Jamie K. Schmidt
Publisher: Loveswept
Release Date: June 3, 2014
Pages: 239
Buy LinkAmazon

Blurb:

On the run from her abusive fiancĂ©, ER doctor Mallory Bryant arrives at her sister’s Connecticut resort desperate for a place to restore balance to her life. But Club Inferno is more than a haven for the rich and fashionable. Beneath its elegant facade is an erotic playground where dominants and submissives play out their fantasies. At first, Mallory is wary of Max Spencer, the martial arts trainer acting as her bodyguard—until he introduces her to passion so intense she wants nothing more than to surrender to his touch.

As one of Club Inferno’s most skilled doms, Max enjoys taking Mallory to the limits of pleasure. It’s a dangerous proposition, and as their sensual games draw them into a relationship beyond the boundaries of pupil and master, Max starts spiraling out of control. But when Mallory’s violent past catches up with her, Max knows what he must do: draw her closer than ever before, even if it means risking a surrender of his own.


Review

This book was SOOOOO hot... I didn't think I've ever read such a steamy book!

Mallory was a broken woman who had a lot of insecurities. At some point, I thought she was being whiny. I did like that she kept an open mind about Club Inferno. She was shy at first, but she couldn't possibly say no to Max.

Speaking of Max, this man was sex on a stick. Apparently, he liked voyeurism which I suppose was better than actually participating in the many scenes he came up with. To the people of Club Inferno, he was a very talented and creative man. To Mallory, he was a man who could do anything.

I also loved that Mallory's sister was very welcoming and supporting, while still being able to be the tough businesswoman that she was. I half expected that she would give Mallory a hard time, but I was pleasantly surprised when she would show sisterly love to Mallory.

I loved the steamy parts of this book, but also the gentle, more romantic side. It was that unconditional love that got to me. If you like steamy and romantic stories, this book is definitely for you. It's a must-read!

(since the copy I received was uncorrected, I cannot share any quotes I might have enjoyed)

0 comments:

Post a Comment