Tuesday, March 7, 2017

ARC Review: Sentinel's Kiss

I really enjoyed Necessary Evil, so when I saw that Sentinel's Kiss was up for review on Netgalley, I jumped at the chance!

Title: Sentinel's Kiss
Series: Sentinels of Babylon, #2
Author: Jamie K. Schmidt
Publisher: Loveswept
Release Date: March 7, 2017
Pages: 216
Buy Links: Amazon

Blurb:
A fiercely protective bad boy. An innocent reporter in serious trouble. They shouldn’t work, but after he throws her onto his bike, there’s no going back.
 
If Josh Lehman learned one thing as a Green Beret, it’s patience. Josh founded the Sentinels of Babylon because he was sick and tired of watching scumbags cheat the system—scumbags like the man who murdered his sister. Of course, if Josh’s sniper rifle was linked to the death of his ex-brother-in-law, that might be a problem. The bigger problem is the nosy reporter who’s this close to exposing the club. Josh has to find a way to keep her hot mouth from talking . . . but he’ll be damned if he lets someone take her from him. Not on his watch.
 
Ashley Carver thought she’d do anything for a scoop. That was before her latest story leads to multiple attempts on her life. Ashley’s been investigating a homicide that has gone unsolved for five years when she uncovers evidence tying the vigilantes of the Sentinels of Babylon to a revenge killing. Now she’s in their crosshairs. But after Josh defies all notions of club loyalty to come to Ashley’s aid, soon they’re burning up the sheets—and taking on the world.



A thrilling read!

When you hear the name Ashley, you think of a sweet woman who lived on the straight and narrow, right? Well, not this Ashley! She was an adrenaline junkie. She liked to live dangerously in hopes that she'd outrun the sorrows of her past.

Josh, aka Sentinel, was the kind of man who did a lot of bad things whether as a soldier or as a civilian. He was a badass biker as well. So hot, he could probably convince anyone to do his bidding without using his charm. I think it was the cocky attitude. There was something about it that got women's ovaries exploding. 

I liked the easy relationship between Josh and Ashley. They were almost each other's drug of choice. Josh was Ashley's danger while Ashley was Josh's addiction. I loved the funny parts of the book. I always enjoyed a mixture of intense action and humor.

The author did a great job creating an air of constant danger in the book even during sexy times. 

There was one really cool thing about Josh, but I wouldn't say because I don't want to give it away. Trust me, though, that this book had so many great moments and witty scenes. It was pretty hard narrowing down to a couple snippets to even share here. 

Josh: "I figure if you can handle me being a dick, I can handle whatever you can throw out."
Ashley: Why do you want more than sex with me?"
Josh: "You're special. You're beautiful. You don't take any of my shit and I admire the hell out of you. I also don't like the idea of any other asshole touching you."
Ashley: "So you're the only asshole that can touch me?"
Josh: "Damn straight."

Ashley: "Do you have a trigger guard on that?"
Josh: "Of course."
Ashley: "Why did you bring it?"
Josh: "In case I need to use it."
Ashley: "Here? Lots of pretty things, in a really nice neighborhood. I don't like having that around Maya."
Josh: "I don't like having to use it around the kids. But you can bet your sweet...cakes that I will use it to protect everyone in this house."

Maya: "Ew. It's your turn. Stop kissing auntie."
Josh: "She kissed me."
Maya: "Telling lies is bad."
Ashley: "She told you."
Josh: "You're right, Maya. I'm sorry I lied."


0 comments:

Post a Comment