Monday, September 19, 2016

ARC Review: Southern Nights and Secrets

I met Robin Covington at the RWA Conference last July. I'd previously read her books before and I really enjoyed them. So, when I saw that her new release was up on NetGalley, I immediately requested it. Check out my thoughts below!

Title: Southern Nights and Secrets
Series: The Boys Are Back In Town, #4
Author: Robin Covington
Publisher: Entangled: Indulgence
Release Date: September 19, 2016
Pages: 208
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo | Amazon CA | Amazon UK

Blurb:

Being a doctor is everything to me, but I’m not going to let bureaucrats tell me how to practice medicine. It’s about saving lives no matter what, screw them and their paperwork.
When the one woman I could never forget, Ginger Crawford, shows up as my boss all bets are off. The heat between us is tough to ignore but I have to if I want a future at this hospital. It isn’t easy. Every time we argue, I want her even more.
But I’ve got secrets she can never know, and she’s always going to be way too good for me. So it’s best if she hates me…at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

I love, love, love this book! From the very beginning, it was action-packed, and frankly, that was how you properly start a story. Well done, Ms. Covington!

"These are people. Patients. Not outcomes."

Dr. Beckett Sutherland... Gee, where to start? Oh, let's start with the cover. One thing I noticed was the model's lips. How appropriate were those lips to represent Dr. Sutherland? So sexy. Anyway, Beck was a complicated character, but he had the biggest heart. It might not have been obvious, however, because he chose to hide his true self. He didn't think his actions were enough to atone for his mistakes when he hadn't a choice as a kid. 

"Dr. Sutherland. Didn't your mama ever tell you that you get more flies with honey than vinegar?"
"My mama didn't stick around long enough to teach me shit, and you know my tongue can be mighty sweet when I want it to be."

Virginia, aka Ginger, was a force to be reckoned with. Being the daughter of a NAVY Seal, she learned many skills including the ability to shut off her emotions most of the time. To be honest, I found that very admirable. Her character was fiery when she wasn't hiding behind a mask. She was a firecracker when Beck was able to push her boundaries. Their chemistry was explosive!

Ginger had always spent a ridiculous amount of money on underwear that barely covered the fun parts.

Who could resists Beck's charms? He had the ability to even charm some men, but I bet that had something to do with his pure heart rather than him actually trying. I'd say he was probably one of my favorite book boyfriends this year. 

The serpent in the Garden of Good and Evil had nothing on Beckett.

The cameos of the other boys from this series made me want to read the previous books. Where had I been living? A rock?! I totally missed out!

Want some more? Check out the sexy snippet below by clicking on the button... if you dare. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment