Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review: Hard as Steel

Title: Hard as Steel
Series: 1001 Dark Nights | Hard Ink/Raven Riders Crossover
Author: Laura Kaye
Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts, Inc.
Release Date: September 22, 2015
Pages: 128
Buy Link: Amazon

Blurb:

After identifying her employer's dangerous enemies, Jessica Jakes takes refuge at the compound of the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club. Fellow Hard Ink tattooist and Raven leader Ike Young promises to keep Jess safe for as long as it takes, which would be perfect if his close, personal, round-the-clock protection didn't make it so hard to hide just how much she wants him--and always has. 

Ike Young loved and lost a woman in trouble once before. The last thing he needs is alone time with the sexiest and feistiest woman he's ever known, one he's purposely kept at a distance for years. Now, Ike's not sure he can keep his hands or his heart to himself--or that he even wants to anymore. And that means he has to do whatever it takes to hold on to Jess forever.




This book was over in a blink of an eye. I want more Ike and Jess!!!

The sexual tension between Ike and Jess was so apparent right from the very beginning. I love how Ike was the typical alpha male: protective, guilt-driven, and secretly a teddy bear. How cute was that?! I also loved that Jess was a firecracker. In Ike's words, she was "unapologetic" for being who she was. She was carefree and honest, which I totally loved!

She asked Ike to get Pop-Tarts and Hot Pockets at the store, and he came home with fruit. Go figure. "Toast is boring. Doritos are life."

I've always loved Laura's writing. Although since I've read the whole Hard Ink series, I've noticed quite a similar theme: woman in distress, protective alpha male, they kind of like each other...  No matter what, though, I loved this book! The tension was so thick, but they always had each other's backs. 

He was sick and flat on his back, but something about the quickness of his answer and the intensity of his gaze sent a ripple of awareness through her body. "Well, then scooch over, ya big lug." "You say the sweetest things," he said, voice like gravel. "I know, right? I'm such a peach."

I definitely would recommend this book. I wish it was longer, for sure, but I can't wait for the Raven Riders series!!! *fangirls*


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment